In the days since GRx began making business decisions in response to the Corona Virus, we’ve learned we are so much more than a returns company – we are a community.
This is uncharted territory for all of us, from health care workers to store clerks, teachers to neighbors. Help yourself and others by practicing patience, kindness and understanding.
Now more than ever, there are things you can do to help others in this time of uncertainty:
- Offer help to older and at-risk neighbors – pick up food or prescriptions
- Coordinate child-care by college students who’ve been sent home for the semester
- Help set up technology for those who need to be home
- Donate blood
- Write letters, make phone calls, or Facetime to those who are in quarantine
Also remember that everyone reacts different to stressful situations. It is especially troublesome to:
- Older people and people with chronic diseases who are at higher risk for COVID-19
- Children and teens experiencing a disruption to their routine
- People who are helping with the response to COVID-19, like doctors and other health care providers, or first responders
- Employees living week to week who are in fear of losing work if they get sick
When people are doing something positive in times of crisis, it does make you feel better. It makes you feel less helpless and more in control. The GRx employees are doing their small part by working together to help each other as well as the community.